A fresh re-install always makes Windows much faster but that means you lose all your program settings. CloneApp will Backup all your App settings from Windows' directories and the Registry, and only those you really need. The Idea behind CloneApp is a bit different from the "classic" Backup tool. The main purpose is to backup all the Configuration files in the Windows Program directories and the Registry.
Supported software includes 7-Zip, Adobe Reader, Classic Shell, Gimp, Google Chrome, Google Earth, IrfanView, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office 2010/ 2013, Firefox, Opera, VLC Media Player, and it can preserve plenty of Windows settings, too: Favorites, Contacts, Network folder settings, Start Menu and more.
CloneApp can also be extended via "plug-ins", plain text files which define exactly which files, folders and Registry keys the program should preserve.
Please make sure to run CloneApp always with Administrator rights. Although you can run the Application as a normal user but some Files, especially Registry Keys may not be backed up.
CloneApp 2.05.255 changelog:
- Optimized Apps Restore function (added more efficient function to create directories with multiple new parent directories in the specified path)
- Function for wildcard support in "BackupFolder" command is again enabled. Format "Folder*", e.g. BackupFolder=Version2018.*|Version2018 (supports wildcards). It supports also phrases in format "*Folder*, e.g. BackupFolder=*Version*|Version and also files.
- Optimized "BackupFile" command (Added support for all file types with same filename, e.g. BackupFile=Config.* (This could be a .TXT, .INI etc. file). All file types would be backed up.
- Revised Theme customizations from rgb color to hex colors (in format "12BAFE"). THE CURRENT THEME FILES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS VERSION OF CLONEAPP. PLEASE DELETE THE THEME.INI IN DATA FOLDER OF CLONEAPP OR DISABLE THE THEME. Updated Versions of the Theme files will be released shortly.
- Optimized internal Plug-in $AppEditor$
- Optimized Creation of Personal Apps folder
- Optimized support for AdwCleaner, GIMP, Dropbox
- Improved UI controls of settings window
- Updated Documentation
- Minor bug fixes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware