Debotnet is a free and portable tool for controlling Windows 10's many privacy-related settings and keep your personal data private.
The Windows 10 default privacy settings leave a lot to be desired when it comes to protecting you and your private information. Whenever I set up a new computer or update a current setup for my family or job, I always carefully go through the privacy settings for each install, making sure to lock it down to make it as private as possible.
Windows 10 has raised several concerns about privacy due to the fact that it has a lot of telemetry and online features, which send your data (sensitive and not) to Microsoft and can't be disabled. Most of it seems pretty legit stuff when telemetry is set to basic. If you don't trust them, Debotnet can help you to prevent Windows 10 from sending your data to Microsoft.
The most important features at a glance
- Disable telemetry and online features, which send your data (sensitive and not) to Microsoft
- Choose which unwanted functions you wish to disable
- Uninstall Windows 10’s Built-in Apps
- Debotnet will show you what it's doing. You have full control, because the executing code can be viewed in a simple text editor
- Debug mode. E.g. the Test mode lets you see which values are twisted in registry or commands executed
- Simple scripting engine for adding custom privacy rules
- Scripts updated on GitHub
- Modern and familiar UI, with template support
- Small footprint. No installation required. Portable
- 100% Free Software (CC BY 4.0)
Debotnet 0.7.5 changelog:
- Added support for Debloat-Windows-10 project. (This project collects PowerShell scripts which help to debloat Windows 10. Currently 4 scripts can be downloaded and executed by Debotnet)
- Added new command "UseRaw" to download third-party scripts in Test mode ONLY (e.g. a PowerShell script)
- Added new command "OpenRaw" to open third-party scripts in Test mode ONLY (e.g. a PowerShell script)
- Optimized commands "Start" and "Start()"
- Optimized script start > Clean-up Windows (normal, added auto extraction using 7za command-line)
- Optimized script start > Clean-up Windows (advanced)
- Optimized script slim > Uninstall Software (added auto extraction using 7za command-line)
- Optimized download of third-party tools (default download directory has been set to installation folder of Debotnet > tools)
- Several other third-party script optimizations
- Added support for Terminus theme (has been removed in latest 0.7 release. Now it is available again after several user requests)
- Optimized Debotnet Pegasos theme (default)
- Optimized Dark theme
- Optimized Classic theme
- Minor code improvements
- Minor UI improvements
- Custom script packages can be found here: https://www.mirinsoft.com/debotnet-packs
- Check also the latest blog entry about this release.
Download: Debotnet 0.7.5 | 1.4 MB (Freeware)
Links: Home Page | GitHub Project Page | Debotnet Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment