"Everything" is search engine that locates files and folders by filename instantly for Windows. Unlike Windows search "Everything" initially displays every file and folder on your computer (hence the name "Everything"). You type in a search filter to limit what files and folders are displayed.
"Everything" only indexes file and folder names and generally takes a few seconds to build its database. A fresh install of Windows 10 (about 120,000 files) will take about 1 second to index. 1,000,000 files will take about 1 minute.
"Everything" will run on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 . NTFS indexing requires the Everything service or running "Everything" as administrator.
Everything 220.127.116.114 changelog:
- updated installer to protect against DLL hijacking.
- updated installer to support ASLR.
- fixed an issue with the ETP client requesting the wrong number of results.
- fixed an issue with hotkey_user_notification_state.
- added -rescan-all command line option.
- fixed an encoding issue with translations.
"Everything" is Freeware. If you use "Everything" in a commercial environment and find it useful a donation would be appreciated.
Download: Everything 18.104.22.1685 64-bit | Portable ~1.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Everything 22.214.171.1245 32-bit | Portable
Download: Lite 32-bit | Lite 64-bit
View: Everything Website
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
1 Comment - Add comment