"Everything" is search engine that locates files and folders by filename instantly for Windows. Unlike Windows search "Everything" initially displays every file and folder on your computer (hence the name "Everything"). You type in a search filter to limit what files and folders are displayed.
"Everything" only indexes file and folder names and generally takes a few seconds to build its database. A fresh install of Windows 10 (about 120,000 files) will take about 1 second to index. 1,000,000 files will take about 1 minute.
"Everything" will run on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 . NTFS indexing requires the Everything service or running "Everything" as administrator.
Everything 18.104.22.1685 changelog:
- Fixed a crash when clearing search history.
- Fixed a security issue when running a FTP server.
- Fixed an issue preventing Everything from closing when pressing ESC
- Added .jpeg extension to the image information search functions.
- Fixed an issue where Everything would lose the current sort after reindexing.
- Added support for cluster sizes larger than 64k.
- Fixed an issue when using invalid characters to rename a file.
- Fixed a crash when rendering tall or wide images.
- Added preview_context ini setting.
- Fixed an issue when shutting down Everything would cause it to miss changes.
- Fixed a memory alignment issue.
- Fixed database corruption when renaming a folder when folder size indexing is enabled or when there is a folder exclude.
- Fixed an issue with circular NTFS/ReFS folder parents.
"Everything" is Freeware. If you use "Everything" in a commercial environment and find it useful a donation would be appreciated.
Download: Everything 22.214.171.1245 32-bit | Portable | ~1.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Everything 126.96.36.1995 64-bit | Portable
View: Everything Website
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
11 Comments - Add comment