FileZilla Server is an FTP server that supports FTP and FTP over SSL/TLS. FTP over SSL/TLS provides secure encrypted connections to the server. FileZilla supports SSL, the same level of encryption supported by your web browser, to protect your data. When using SSL your data is encrypted so that prying eyes cannot see it, and your confidential information is protected. It also supports on-the-fly data compression, which can improve the transfer rates. Unfortunately, the compression setting can have mixed results, so it is advised to use it with care. It is possible for files that are already compressed to be transferred over the network using more than their original data size.
FileZilla Server 1.6.0 changelog:
- UI: it is now possible to upload TLS certificates to the server directly from the UI, using a specific selector in the Security page of the protocols configuration.
- UI: the maximum amount of characters in all text controls has been limited to a sensible number, so to avoid potential crashes or stalls in corner cases.
Bugfixes and minor changes
- Fixed potential issues with locking of mutexes in the administration protocol
- MSW: the installer now works properly also if the uninstaller from a previous installation has been deleted.
- Fixed an issue in the networking code when dealing with TLS close_notify alerts.
Changes in v1.6.1:
- MSW: Fixed an installation issue due to a service handle not being closed
Download page: FileZilla Server 1.6.1 | 5.0 MB (Open Source)
View: FileZilla Home page | Installation and Setup
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment