The web browser is arguably the most important piece of software on your computer. You spend much of your time online inside a browser: when you search, chat, email, shop, bank, read the news, and watch videos online, you often do all this using a browser.
Chrome has many useful features built in, including automatic full-page translation and access to thousands of apps, extensions, and themes from the Chrome Web Store.
Google Chrome is one of the best solutions for Internet browsing giving you high level of security, speed and great features.
Chrome 42.0.2311.90 contains a number of fixes and improvements, including:
- A number of new apps, extension and Web Platform APIs (including the Push API!)
- Lots of under the hood changes for stability and performance
- The answer to life, the universe and everything
A list of changes is available in the log.
Security Fixes and Rewards:
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 45 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chromium security page for more information.
- [$7500] High CVE-2015-1235: Cross-origin-bypass in HTML parser. Credit to anonymous.
- [$4000] Medium CVE-2015-1236: Cross-origin-bypass in Blink. Credit to Amitay Dobo.
- [$3000] High CVE-2015-1237: Use-after-free in IPC. Credit to Khalil Zhani.
- [$2000] High CVE-2015-1238: Out-of-bounds write in Skia. Credit to cloudfuzzer.
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2015-1240: Out-of-bounds read in WebGL. Credit to w3bd3vil.
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2015-1241: Tap-Jacking. Credit to Phillip Moon and Matt Weston of Sandfield Information Systems.
- [$500] High CVE-2015-1242: Type confusion in V8. Credit to email@example.com.
- [$500] Medium CVE-2015-1244: HSTS bypass in WebSockets. Credit to Mike Ruddy.
- [$500] Medium CVE-2015-1245: Use-after-free in PDFium. Credit to Khalil Zhani.
- [$500] Medium CVE-2015-1246: Out-of-bounds read in Blink. Credit to Atte Kettunen of OUSPG.
- [$500] Medium CVE-2015-1247: Scheme issues in OpenSearch. Credit to Jann Horn.
- [$500] Medium CVE-2015-1248: SafeBrowsing bypass. Credit to Vittorio Gambaletta (VittGam).
-  CVE-2015-1249: Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives.
- Multiple vulnerabilities in V8 fixed at the tip of the 4.2 branch (currently 18.104.22.168).
Download: Google Chrome 42.0.2311.90 | 800 KB (Freeware)
Download: Google Chrome 32-bit Offline Installer | 41.2 MB
Download: Google Chrome 64-bit Offline Installer| 46.8 MB
Download: Google Chrome MSI Installers for Windows
View: Chrome Website | Chrome for Mac | Release Notes