MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo 19.09 changelog:
- AC-4: basic detection, raw, in MP4 or TS
- AC-3/E-AC-3: display time code of the first frame
- Don't show anymore by default "encoded" bit rates and stream sizes
- MOV: Decode more language codes
- MXF: some metadata were missing
- AC-3: AC-3 actually has no bit depth, removing the default 16 value
- AC-3/E-AC-3: fix bitrate info (so duration) with streams having a time code
- AC-3: parse more frames also when in MP4, in order to better detect JOC (Atmos)
- MP4: do not show audio bit depth if it is the "default" 16 (value is not trustable enough)
- ProRes RAW: we know only width and height
- SubRip: bad handling of files having a quote character
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware