MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo 22.09 changelog:
- Italian language update
- USAC: IOD and sampling rate coherency checking
- ADM: support of nested objects and complementary objects
- AC-4: Display of Custom downmix targets
- IAB: Parsing of IAB bitstream and ADM-like output
- Frame rate: store FrameRate_Num/Den also for integer values
- MPEG-4/MOV: support of time codes >30 fps
- MOV/MPEG-4: List of QuickTime time code discontinuities
- Dolby Vision: add info about more profiles
- Text streams: show stream frame rate if not same as container frame rate
- CDP: fix rounding of frame rate
- SCC: fix of CEA-608 FirstDisplay_Delay_Frames
- SCC: fix TimeCode_Last
- MPEG-4/MOV: last time code value for all kind of QuickTime time codes
- MOV/MPEG-4: Fix frame count for NDF non-integer frame rates
- JSON: fix invalid output in some corner cases
- Several other parsing bug/crash fixes (thanks to fuzzing by users)
Download: MediaInfo 22.09 | 6.2 MB (Open Source)
Download: Portable MediaInfo 22.09 (64-bit) | 5.1 MB
Download: Portable MediaInfo 22.09 (32-bit) | 3.7 MB
View: MediaInfo Homepage | Other Operating Systems
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware