Run programs in a sandbox to prevent malware from making permanent changes to your PC.
Sandboxie allows you to run your browser, or any other program, so that all changes that result from the usage are kept in a sandbox environment, which can then be deleted later.
Sandboxie is a sandbox-based isolation software for 32- and 64-bit Windows NT-based operating systems. It is being developed by David Xanatos since it became open source, before that it was developed by Sophos (which acquired it from Invincea, which acquired it earlier from the original author Ronen Tzur). It creates a sandbox-like isolated operating environment in which applications can be run or installed without permanently modifying the local or mapped drive. An isolated virtual environment allows controlled testing of untrusted programs and web surfing.
Sandboxie is available in two flavors Plus and Classic. Both have the same core components, this means they have the same level of security and compatibility. What's different is the user interface the Plus build has a modern Qt based UI which supports all new features that have been added since the project went open source. The Classic build has the old no longer developed MFC based UI, hence it lacks support for modern features, these features can however still be used when manually configured in the Sandboxie.ini.
Sandboxie Plus 1.0.10 / Classic 5.55.10 changes:
- added option to show only boxes in tray with runnign processes #1186
- -- additional option show only pinned bixes, in box options a bix can be set to be always shown in theay list (Pinned)
- added options menu command to reset the GUI #1589
- added 'Run Un-Sandboxed' context menu option
- added new trigger "OnBoxDelete" that allows to specify a command that is run UNBOXED just before the box content gets deleted
- -- note: this can be used as a replacemetn to the DeleteCommand #591
- sellected box operations (deletion) no longer show the progress dialog 1061
- -- instead a box with a running operation show a blinking hour glass icon, the context menu can be used to cancel the operation
- HideHostProcess=program.exe can now be used to hide sandboxie services #1336
- updater blocking is now done using a template called BlockSoftwareUpdaters
- enchanced "StartProgram=..." making "StartCommand=..." obsolete
- -- for same functionality as "StartCommand=..." use "StartProgram=%SbieHome%\Start.exe ..."
- merged "Auto Start" General tab with the "Auto Exec" Advanced tab into a universal"Triggers" Advanced tab
- fixed a couple issues with the new breakout process feature and improved security (thanks Diversenok)
- fixed issues with re opening already open windows #1584
- fixed issue with desktop access #1588
- fixed issue handling commandline invokation #1133
- fixed ui issue with main window state when switching always on top attribute #1169
- fixed issue with box context menu in tray list 1106
- fixed issue with "AutoExec=..."
- fixed issues canceling box deletion operations didn't working 1061
- fixed issue with DPI scalling and color picker dialog #803
- removed UseRpcMgmtSetComTimeout=AppXDeploymentClient.dll,y used for free download manager as it broke other things
- when using free download manager ad the line manually to your sandboxie.ini
Download: Sandboxie Plus 1.0.10 (64-bit) | Sandboxie Plus 1.0.10 (32-bit) ~16.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Sandboxie 5.55.10 Classic (64-bit) | Sandboxie 5.55.10 Classic (32-bit) ~3.0 MB
View: Sandboxie Website | Sandboxie Plus Home Page | GitHub | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware