The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkey all-in-one internet application suite (see below). Such a software suite was previously made popular by Netscape and Mozilla, and the SeaMonkey project continues to develop and deliver high-quality updates to this concept. Containing an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client with an included web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers and corporate users.
Under the hood, SeaMonkey uses much of the same Mozilla source code which powers such successful siblings as Firefox, Thunderbird, Camino, Sunbird and Miro. Legal backing is provided by the Mozilla Foundation.
The changes page lists an overview of new features and fixes relative to our last stable release, SeaMonkey 2.1.
* Added support for CSS animations.
* Tuned HTTP idle connection logic for increased performance.
* Improved standards support for HTML5, XHR, MathML, SMIL, and canvas.
* Improved spell checking for some locales.
* WebGL content can no longer load cross-domain textures.
* Background tabs have setTimeout and setInterval clamped to 1000ms to improve performance.
* Fixed several stability issues.
* Fixed several security issues.
* Fixed several high visibility usability issues from SeaMonkey 2.1.
Download: SeaMonkey for Windows 2.2 | 16 MB (Freeware)
View: SeaMonkey Website
1 Comment - Add comment