Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor for Windows, Mac and Linux. Major features include support for a wide range of formats; no import required meaning native timeline editing; Blackmagic Design support for input and preview monitoring; and resolution support to 4k.
- Trimming on source clip player or timeline with ripple option
- Append, insert, overwrite, lift, and ripple delete editing on the timeline
- 3-point editing
- Hide, mute, and lock track controls
- Multitrack timeline with thumbnails and waveforms
- Unlimited undo and redo for playlist edits including a history view
- Create, play, edit, save, load, encode, and stream MLT XML projects (with auto-save)
- Save and load trimmed clip as MLT XML file
- Load and play complex MLT XML file as a clip
- Drag-n-drop files from file manager
- Scrubbing and transport control
- Video compositing across video tracks
- HTML5 (sans audio and video) as video source and filters
- 3-way (shadows, mids, highlights) color wheels for color correction and grading
- Eye dropper tool to pick neutral color for white balancing
- Fade in/out audio and fade video from and to black with easy-to-use fader controls on timeline
- Video wipe transitions:
- bar, barn door, box, clock (radial), diagonal, iris, matrix, and custom gradient image
- Track compositing/blending modes:
- Over, Add, Saturate, Multiply, Screen, Overlay, Darken, Dodge, Burn, Hard Light, Soft Light, Difference, Exclusion, HSL Hue, HSL Saturation, HSL Color, HSL Luminosity.
- Video Filters:
- Alpha Channel: Adjust, Alpha Channel: View, Blur, Brightness, Chroma Key: Advanced, Chroma Key: Simple, Contrast, Color Grading, Crop, Diffusion, Glow, Invert Colors, Key Spill: Advanced, Key Spill: Simple, Mirror, Old Film: Dust, Old Film: Grain, Old Film: Projector, Old Film: Scratches, Old Film: Technocolor, Opacity, Rotate, Rutt-Etra-Izer, Saturation, Sepia Tone, Sharpen, Size and Position, Stabilize, Text, Vignette, Wave, White Balance
- Speed effect for audio/video clips
- Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring
- Leap Motion for jog/shuttle control
- Webcam capture
- Audio capture to system audio card
- Capture (record) SDI, HDMI, webcam (V4L2), JACK audio, PulseAudio, IP stream, X11 screen, and Windows DirectShow devices
- Multi-core parallel image processing (when not using GPU and frame-dropping is disabled)
- DeckLink SDI keyer output
- OpenGL GPU-based image processing with 16-bit floating point linear per color component
Shotcut 22.12.21 fixes the keyframes button sets size and position parameters to all zeroes in the following filters (broke in v22.11)
- Blur: Pad
- Crop: Rectangle
- Size, Position & Rotate
- Spot Remover
- Text: Rich
- Text: Simple
- Fixed a crash when changing a parameter in the Pitch audio filter (broke in v22.11).
- Fixed a crash on File > New or File > Close while also playing (bug in v22.09).
- Fixed a memory leak in slideshow dialog and transition properties preview (bug in v22.09).
- Fixed Time Remap video filter disables a Crop: Source filter.
Fixed making a gradient stop transparent (alpha value 0) in various filters
- Audio Level Visualization
- Audio Light Visualization
- Audio Spectrum Visualization
- Audio Waveform Visualization
- GPS Graphic
Added new seek actions to the Player menu
- Forward Jump Alt+Page Down (option+page down on macOS)
- Backward Jump Alt+Page Up (option+page up on macOS)
- Set Jump Time Ctrl+J (command+J on macOS)
- Added Cycle Marker Color with default keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+M (option+command+M on macOS).
- Added Advanced > Sample rate to the Properties > Convert dialog.
Download: Shotcut 22.12.21 (64-bit) | Portable | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
View: Shotcut Home Page | Other Operating Systems
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment