Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.
Universal Media Server 10.18.0 release notes:
- Fixed video metadata not writing to database
- Fixed shared folder added via wizard not being saved
- Fixed overwriting WEB.conf with defaults if UMS.conf is missing
- Fixed initial shared folder not being monitored
- Improved performance of database writes
- Added recognition of more LG Blu-ray players (thanks, OlliL!)
Translation updates via Crowdin
- Icelandic (18%) (thanks, Diðrik Valur Diðriksson!)
- Bump oshi-core from 6.1.3 to 6.1.4
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware