WinPatrol alerts you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. As a multipurpose support utility, WinPatrol replaces multiple system utilities with its enhanced functionality.
WinPatrol was the pioneer in using a heuristic behavioral approach to detecting attacks and violations of your computing environment. Traditional security programs scan your hard drive searching for previously identified threats. WinPatrol takes snapshots of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that occur without your knowledge. You'll be removing dangerous new programs while others prepare to update their definition/signature data files.
WinPatrol runs on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.x, Windows 10 & supports Windows 64-bit features without conflicts with other programs.
For those who wish to have extra features such as ActiveX Controls and Registry monitoring, you can upgrade to WinPatrol Plus.
- Speed up your computer’s start-up by delaying start-up programs you don’t need right away.
- Protect registry key values from being changed without your permission
- Protect your hosts file
- Detect and review new start-up programs
- Get alerted to new Windows Services
- Lock-down file type associations
- Get alerted if something tries to change your Home Page
- Remove unwanted browser add-ons like BHO’s and Toolbars.
- Review, Display and Kill MULTIPLE running tasks with a single click!
- And much, much, much more
What's new in this release:
- Added feature on PLUS tab for direct access to the Newsletter.
- Fixes bug that was causing repeat alerts.
- Fixes issues with WinPatrol crashing.
- Fixes issue where data in the start-up tab would become invalid after moving a program to the delayed tab.
- Fixes issues with delaying programs run via RunDll.
- Enhanced start-up logic to include more start-up programs.
Download: WinPatrol 33.6.2015.1 | 1.2 MB (Freeware, paid upgrade available)
Download: WinPatrol Uninstaller | 589 KB
View: WinPatrol Website
-1 Comments - Add comment