Have you ever emailed files to yourself or forgotten your memory stick on the go? Do you want to access your files from anywhere? Want to share documents, pictures or large media files with your friends or family? If you've answered one question with “yes”, you should take a closer look at Wuala. Wuala is not just some online storage solution, it's much more than that! Wuala is...
Wuala is based on unique and innovative technology.
Like you, we care about security. That's why all data is encrypted and stored in different locations.
Share your files with friends, family or co-workers. Send a link to your friends, who can access your files instantly. Or create a group to share your files with family or co-workers.
* Everybody is Pro: We want every Wuala user to enjoy the benefits of backup, sync & file versioning. There is no more distinction between "pro" users and everyone else.
* Business Groups: We have introduced a new type of group called a "business group". The main difference is that files in a business group belong to the group, not to an individual user. In particular, you can buy storage for a business group. The storage for a file in the business group is counted against the storage for the group, not the user who uploaded the file.
* Reorganized main menu: We have reorganized the main menu in a more logical way. "New..." actions are now available from a dropdown toolbar button. Also, we have renamed some items, for example "friends" are now called "contacts".
* Discoverable UI: In the past, new users have been overwhelmed by the many options the Wuala UI offers. In order to allow a gradual discovery of Wuala, we only show the items "groups" and "contacts" when the user actually has groups, etc. The sync and backup overviews have been moved to their own windows, accessible through the main menu.
* Sync Indicators: We show annotations showing the progress of a synchronisation in the Wuala client. An element in the tree can be "unknown" (no icon), "to do", "in progress" or "ok". On Windows, we also show this state in the Windows Explorer.