A couple of big game launches are on the horizon and AMD has pushed out a new driver today, the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.8.2, adding support and performance improvements for them right on time.
Remedy Entertainment's latest action game Control launches tomorrow, August 27, and AMD says its new driver delivers a 10% performance boost when compared to the 19.8.1 release when running the game with DirectX 11.
The upcoming Supermassive Games-developed horror drama title The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan also receives support for AMD graphics cards with this release, although the company didn't go into detail on any improvements. The game is slated to launch on August 30.
Here are the fixed and known issues of this release:
- Rocket League™ may experience an application hang on performing a task switch.
- League of Legends™ may experience slower than expected performance when performing a task switch.
- System instability may be experienced on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products when performing memory overclocking while a 3D application is running.
- Minor stutter may be experienced during the first few minutes of Fortnite™ gameplay.
- Launching RGB Fusion 2.0 may cause a system hang on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products system configurations.
- Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- Radeon Performance Metrics may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
- AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
- Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to appear when toggled in game.
- Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
- Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.8.2 driver is available to download through the Radeon Settings interface on Windows as well as via the download links listed on its official release notes page here.