Rise of Nations: Extended Edition is the remastered version of the 2003's critically acclaimed real-time strategy title Rise of Nations, which arrived on Steam back in 2014 and on the Microsoft Store last month. As a first for a Microsoft Store game, players on both platforms can play together while in multiplayer matches across Xbox Live, which will support up to eight players.
According to Microsoft, the gameplay features for Rise of Nations: Extended Edition include:
- Lead one of 24 nations, each with its own distinctive attributes and special units.
- Learn to play with six tutorials for beginning to experienced strategy gamers.
- Take command over a hundred military units operating on the ground, sea, and air— from Hoplites to Frigates to Helicopters.
- Research more than 50 technologies over eight historical epochs.
- Build wonders of the world, including the Terra Cotta Army, the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower. Each wonder gives your nation special bonuses.
- Play a variety of the critically acclaimed Single-Player Conquer the World campaigns including, Alexander the Great, The New World, Napoleon and The Cold War.
- Experience more than a dozen map types in single and multiplayer scenarios, ranging from the Amazon Rainforest to the Himalayas to the Nile Delta.
- Xbox Live Integration
- Multiplayer with ranked matches (ELO)
- Cloud saves
The game managed to receive some very positive reviews, with the original version of the game attracting a score of 89 at Metacritic. Should this deal take your interest, you've got a bit under two weeks left to take advantage of it.
Be sure to follow us @NeowinGaming on Twitter for the latest gaming news updates!