It's a good day for Windows Phone users as Microsoft has released a new build of Windows 10 for phones, build 10052. The release follows up the previous build, 10051, that was released several days ago but had stability issues.
You can download the build now by checking for an update but know that since this build is one version newer than what was previously released, don't expect much in terms of new features. In fact, Microsoft said that this build is targeted at bug fixes, so hopefully anyone who was having major issues with the previous release will find this build more stable.
Here is the official bug fix list from Microsoft:
- Flight mode can now be enabled.
- You can now disable data connections.
- We fixed the bug in which your phone’s MMS settings were lost after upgrading from Build 9941.
- We fixed the issue in which you couldn’t download keyboards for additional languages.
- We fixed the issue where the viewfinder in the Camera app gets composed incorrectly on some devices like the Lumia 1020.
Microsoft had to pull build 10051 for the Lumia 520 family of devices after reports of the update bricking those phones. Seeing as this new build has been released, it looks like Microsoft has identified the issue and thus, we get a new build.
Let us know how the install process goes for you, we don't expect many issues, but then again, 10051 was expected to have a smooth install process too.