Microsoft released PowerTows 0.19 last week, and despite being a major release, the update brought a host of fixes and no new features. The tool has seen regular updates, including version 0.18 that brough the Keyboard Remapper and PowerToys Run features. Today, the firm is releasing another minor update to the tool with a few bug fixes, bumping up the version to 0.19.1.
Today’s release, as the version number suggests, is a minor one that mainly fixes bugs in the FancyZones and PowerToys Run tools, and includes some stability improvements. Other fixes, such as the search text update when navigating through the search suggestions brings about usability improvements.
Here is the complete changelog for the update:
- #4578 - WinKey for PT Run throws a lot of false positives
- #4646 - FancyZones: When "Hold Shfit key" is deactivated, Shift key should deactive FancyZones
- #4625 - [Run] Search text not updating on up/down navigation
- #4432 - Mitigated the race condition in os detection
- #2047 - Memory leak in PT Run
- #4647 - Fix remapped shortcuts not getting activated in succession
In addition to these, the team has also noted that they found a bug that prevents users from opening Settings when the tool is closed when minimized in the taskbar. It adds that it aims to fix this issue with version 0.20.