Last month, before it had even begun the rollout for PCs, Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update for the Xbox One - although, confusingly, in addition to referring to it in various places as the Anniversary Update for the console, it also called it the 'August Update' and the 'Summer Update'.
Whatever you want to call it, it brought a wide range of exciting new features to the Xbox One, and today, Microsoft is rolling out a further system update to the console.
The update will bump the OS version up to 10.0.14393.1040 (rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160816-1851) fre, and the full list of new or updated features can be found below:
- You can now modify, turn on, or turn off the startup chime! You’ll find three new options in Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.
- On (startup chime plays anytime the console is powered on).
- Only with power button or voice (startup chime plays when console is powered on via the power button or voice; does not play when powered on with the controller).
- Off (startup chime never plays).
Performance and General Improvements
Xbox Universal Store
- This build contains multiple fixes to address crashes in the Store.
- Fixed an issue which required users to click twice on the buy button.
- Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause time based trials to display incorrect time remaining.
- Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause a “Try again later” error to appear when newly purchased content is downloading.
- Resolved an issue which could cause errors when attempting to purchase or play Movies and TV content.
- Resolved an issue that was preventing some users from being able to sign in.
- Speed and performance improvements.
- You should now receive a “storage is full” notification when attempting to upload a capture to Xbox Live if storage is full.
- Resolved an issue which could cause certain games to fail to recognize the controller upon launch.
My Games & Apps
- Resolved issues which could cause certain apps to fail to install.
- Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause a black screen to appear when attempting to use the Weather App.
- Resolved issues which could sometimes cause Groove Music to crash.
- Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause the titles of universal apps (Movies & TV) to not appear in the console’s selected language.
- General stability improvements for games.
Let us know how you get on with the update in the comments below.