When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

New MagSafe Adaptor Catching Fire

When MacBook Pro owner Rogier Mulder returned to his home, he found something that was simply shocking. His MacBook Pro had caught fire or better put, its MagSafe power adapter, Apple's new power adapter for the new portable line, had seeming caught fire while it was charging.

In this isolated case, Mulder contacted Apple immediately concerning the issue and was issued a new MacBook Pro. He described the expedite response as "impressive".

In response to this, Apple's team of engineers responsible for the design of the MagSafe are furiously examining the cause of this seemingly isolated case and working on a solution if any is needed.

News source: Ars Technica

News source: Macworld UK

Report a problem with article
Next Article

Windows Live Messenger goes Public

Previous Article

Nvidia and Havok show first GPU-powered software solution