Thanks Mephistopheles for posting in Breaking News that Pidgin 2.5.2 has been released today. At the time of submitting this article the Pidgin homepage has yet to be updated, and is still offering the 2.5.1 release.
Pidgin is a multi-protocol Instant Messaging client that allows you to use all of your IM accounts at once. Some of the more popular IM protocols are supported, such as AIM, ICQ, MSN, IRC as well as many others.
- Fixed a crash on removing a custom buddy icon on a buddy.
- Fixed a crash caused by certain self-signed SSL certificates.
- Enable a number of strong ciphers which were previously disabled when using NSS. (Thanks to Marcus Trautwig.)
- The status selector now saves your message when changing status.
- Fix a case where a conversation window could close unexpectedly.
- A mute sounds option has been added to the preferences window to help with discoverability. CTRL+S is no longer bound to mute.
- Added ability to change the color of visited links (using the theme control plugin, or setting the color in ~/.gtkrc-2.0)
- Fix a crash occuring when a custom smiley is deleted and re-added and used in an open conversation after being re-added.
- A new 'Nested Grouping' option in the 'Grouping' plugin. Group hierarchies are defined by the '/' character in the group names.
- A bug was fixed where some key-bindings wouldn't work with some TERMs (e.g. xterm-color, screen-linux etc.)
- Operations (such as moving to a new group) on contacts that were added in the same session should now complete correctly, and not cause synchronization errors at next login.
- Minor fixes to login process during a server transfer.
- Restored the "Has You" feature to the MSN protocol tooltips.
- ADL 205/214/etc errors should no longer prevent login.
- Sending and receiving custom smileys using the specification in XEP-0231 (bits of binary) and XHTML-IM
- Only send a Ping once every hour. This prevents the account from being disconnected from the server periodically.
Download: Pidgin 2.5.2 (for Windows) | 12.48 MB (Freeware)
Screenshot: >> Click here
View: Pidgin Website