After a hiatus of a little more than a month, Microsoft has released PowerToys version 0.27 with a bunch of new features and improvements to the suite of tools. The firm says it skipped version 0.26 for “higher priority work”. For those that were waiting for the Video Conference Mute utility, the wait will be slightly longer, as the team notes that it will be present in the upcoming experimental release and will make it to the general versions later.
As for the additions and improvements made in this release, there are changes to many of the tools, including a new interface for the Color Picker and the Image Resizer, multi-monitor editor improvements in FancyZones that was teased recently, and more. The firm also notes that it fixed many accessibility issues and improved localization – for which the firm is still gathering feedback. The installer has also received some improvements.
Here is the complete changelog for version 0.27:
- Installer improvements including dark mode
- Large sums of accessibility issues fixed.
- Worked on localization effort. If you find issues, please [make us aware so we can correct them][loc-bug].
- Multi-monitor editor experience now drastically improved for discoverability.
- Zones being forgotten on restart
- Added in ability to have no layout
- Updated interface
- Removed unused dependencies
- Added Lookbehind support via Boost library
Those interested to read through the entire list of commits and fixes can head to the Issues page on GitHub here. As usual, the update should automatically be downloaded or can be downloaded from the GitHub releases page here. The experimental version is expected to be released next with the Video Conference Mute utility along with the fixes included this week.