If you thought 8 expansions for the original Everquest was alot, get ready for a 9th expansion. Dragons of Norrath will continue the story for the original Everquest. Adding new dragons, enhanced graphics and improved features for guild and casual players. The expansion will be made available in February 2005 as both a digital download and regular retail product and will cost $29.99. There will be a special incentive price for current U.S. and European customers who pre-order the expansion and digitally download it.
And here is some backstory for the new expansion. A series of events has transpired across the world of Norrath and the familiar faces of Firiona Vie and her nemesis Lanys T'Vyl return to find themselves at the forefront of these events. Unbeknownst to them, a dark influence has seeped into the world of Norrath causing new tensions to arise and conflicts to intensify as the dawn of a new age emerges. The Age of War is upon the people of Norrath and heroes return in this ultimate, unending battle between good and evil.
- New Zones, Creatures and Content - From Lavastorm to the Thundercrest Isles adventure in graphically enhanced zones with all new themes. Brave challenging new quests, discover new treasures, and battle new NPCs including drakes, goblins, and fierce dragons.
- New Interactive World Map - A full-color interactive map of the world allows players to point-and-click from a world view, to a continent view, to a zone view of the traditional line maps.
- New spells and Tradeskill Recipes
- Guild Bank - Bank slot for storage of items accessible by all members of a guild. Place items on reserve for officers or specific members.
- Mana/health Regen Pool - Allows players to easily regenerate their mana and health in preparation for battle (available only at the Guild Hall).
Full story and feature list at The Station
News source: Biz Yahoo