Sylpheed is a simple, lightweight but featureful, and easy-to-use e-mail client (mailer, MUA). Sylpheed runs on Unix-like systems such as Linux, BSD, and Mac OS X. It also supports Windows. Sylpheed uses GTK+ GUI toolkit. The newest version of Sylpheed works with GTK+ 2.4 or later (2.6 or later is recommended). Sylpheed is a free software distributed under the GNU GPL (the library part is GNU LGPL). You can freely use, modify and redistribute it under the license.
Sylpheed has the following features:
* Simple, beautiful, and well-polished user interface
* Comfortable operationality which is built in detail
* Well-organized, easy-to-understand configuration
* Lightweight operation
* High reliability
* Internationalization and Multilingualization support
* High-level Japanese processing
* Various protocols support
* Security features (GnuPG, SSL/TLSv1)
* Powerful filtering and search
* Junk mail control
* Flexible cooperation with external commands
What's New in Sylpheed 2.3.1 (16 Jan 2007)
* The compilation failure with GLib 2.4 was fixed.
* The compilation failure in some OSes was fixed.
* A memory leak on executing external editor was fixed.
* The bug that the handling of IMAP4 server responses became out of sync when an error occurred while fetching messages was fixed.
* "ca-root.crt" is also looked for as a CA certificates file now.
* The spaces around equals between name and value of MIME parameters are now allowed.
* The MIME header encoding of quoted multibyte strings was fixed.
* The edit account dialog is now placed at the center of the parent window.
* Win32: The crash that occurred when .sylpheed_mark file had read-only or hidden attribute and not writable was fixed.
* Win32: The bug that the composition window could not be maximized was fixed.
* Win32: The domain name is automatically obtained and passed to SMTP servers now.
* Win32: When getting Application Data folder, SHGetFolderPath() is now used instead of using the environmental variable APPDATA.
* Win32: GTK+ and GLib was updated to the latest version. This fixes the resource leaks when the tray icon is updated.