It's been almost two months since Microsoft released Skype UWP Preview (now only called Skype Preview) in Windows 10 for PCs build 14316, promising a version of the app that would be compatible with Windows 10 Mobile later. While the firm still hasn't released it for Mobile, a build of the app has been posted to XDA Developers.
As you can see from the screenshots above, it's currently a pretty minimal design. Of course, the app isn't exactly public yet, so anything is subject to change.
Here's how to get Skype Preview v11.6.26:
- Go to Settings -> Update & security -> For developers and turn on Developer Mode.
- Download the APPX file from here.
- If you downloaded it to your PC, you need to get it onto your phone. It's too big to email (~75MB), so you can either do a wired transfer or throw it up in OneDrive.
- Next, open it on your phone. You can do this through the File Explorer app or directly from the OneDrive app, depending on how you transferred the file.
- When it asks you if you want to install the app, say yes!
WARNING: This app is not available to the public for a reason and it will overwrite the existing Skype app. Install Skype Preview at your own risk.