Weekend PC Game Deals is where the hottest gaming deals from all over the internet are gathered into one place, every week, for your consumption. So kick back, relax, and hold on to your wallets.
Last month's Humble Monthly Bundle that offered Civilization VI, among other games, has finally come to an end, and replacing it as the early unlock for this month is FromSoftware's massively popular action RPG, Dark Souls III.
Aside from the base game, the early unlock also includes the Ashes of Ariandel expansion, meaning the only thing you will need to pick up separately to get the complete experience is The Ringed City expansion. Expect deep discounts for the expansion to be rare, however.
The $12 bundle will be available for purchase until March 2, and once it comes to a close, the store will reveal the rest of the games that all owners will receive in addition to the early unlock. Note that a number of countries in Asia will be receiving Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth – The Collection instead of Dark Souls III due to region restrictions.
Meanwhile, the new Rockstar Bundle that Humble put forth earlier this week is essential for anyone who has yet to experience some of the earlier works of the studio. Arriving with a surprising lack of Shark Cards, the bundle offers 11 games in total that are split into three tiers.
Putting down just $1 will get you Manhunt, Max Payne, Grand Theft Auto III, and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Fun for the whole family, except for the families in regions that Manhunt is not available in.
Up next is the 'beat the average' tier, currently at almost $10, which adds on Bully: Scholarship Edition, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, L.A. Noire, as well as Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
And finally, we have the $15 third tier, which brings along all games from previous tiers as well as Max Payne 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, and the L.A. Noire: DLC Bundle.
However, note that the PC ports of some games in the bundle may have issues running on newer Windows systems. We suggest having a look at PCGamingWiki regarding workarounds and such for each game before trying them out.
Fallout 4, Bethesda's newest entry in the post-apocalyptic series, is free on Steam this weekend. If you ever wanted to roam in a nuclear-ravaged city of Boston while killing mutated monstrosities, picking up random scrap until you become encumbered, and maybe dabble in building your own town, this is a great opportunity to do so.
Rock of Ages 2: Bigger & Boulder is also free to play this weekend on Steam. The game is a tower defense racing game that involves rolling around as a highly customizable boulder in surreal environments while destroying everything. It even has online and local split-screen multiplayer support for up to four players.
With the beginning of the weekend arrives a wide assortment of sales from a range of PC game stores, and below, we have a selection of handpicked games that are near or below their historical discount rates.
- XCOM 2 – $19.79 on Steam
- Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War III – $17.59 on Fanatical
- Total War: WARHAMMER – $15.99 on DLGamer
- Sonic Mania – $15.99 on Fanatical
- Fallout 4 – $14.99 on Steam
- Batman: The Enemy Within - The Telltale Series – $14.99 on Steam
- Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition – $14.38 on Fanatical
- Battalion 1944 - Early Access – $13.49 on Steam
- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series – $12.49 on Steam
- Alien: Isolation Collection – $11.49 on Fanatical
- Total War: ATTILA – $11.24 on IndieGala
- The Walking Dead: A New Frontier – $9.99 on Steam
- Company of Heroes 2: Master Collection – $9.59 on Fanatical
- Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series – $8.99 on Steam
- Late Shift – $7.79 on Steam
- Rayman Legends – $7.68 on GamesPlanet UK
- Rock of Ages 2 Complete Bundle – $7.58 on Steam
- Batman - The Telltale Series – $7.49 on Steam
- Tales from the Borderlands – $7.49 on Steam
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine – $7.49 on Fanatical
- Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – $7.19 on Fanatical
- Total War: Shogun 2 – $7.19 on Fanatical
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – $6.79 on Fanatical
- Zombi - Uplay – $6.78 on GamesPlanet UK
- The Wolf Among Us – $6.24 on Steam
- Back to the Future: The Game – $5.99 on Steam
- Goat Simulator – $4.99 on Steam
- Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit – $4.99 on Steam
- Child Of Light - Uplay – $4.5 on GamersGate
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition – $4.41 on Fanatical
- Rayman Origins – $4.18 on GamesPlanet UK
- From Dust - Uplay – $4.18 on GamesPlanet UK
- Alpha Protocol – $2.99 on Fanatical
- Zeno Clash 2 – $2.99 on Steam
- Commandos Pack – $2.24 on Steam
- Jet Set Radio – $1.99 on Fanatical
- Crazy Taxi – $1.99 on Fanatical
- Men of War – $1.24 on Steam
- Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers* – $0.99 on Humble Store
- Poker Night at the Inventory – $0.99 on Steam
- Poker Night 2 – $0.99 on Steam
- Cortex Command – $0 on Steam
*DRM-free version is also included.
Now, with all those out of the way, let's have a look at some DRM-free deals that are on offer at the GOG store.
- Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter - $14.99 on GOG
- Tacoma - $11.99 on GOG
- Kona - $7.99 on GOG
- Gone Home - $5.09 on GOG
- The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - $4.99 on GOG
- Transistor - $4.99 on GOG
- This Is the Police - $4.94 on GOG
- Geneforge Saga - $4.49 on GOG
- Wuppo - $3.74 on GOG
- Ziggurat - $3.74 on GOG
- The Blackwell Epiphany - $2.99 on GOG
- Resonance - $1.99 on GOG
- Gemini Rue - $1.99 on GOG
- Blackwell Bundle - $1.49 on GOG
- Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon - $1.49 on GOG
- Tex Murphy: Overseer - $1.49 on GOG
- Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) - $1.49 on GOG
- BIT.TRIP Runner - $1.49 on GOG
- Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive - $1.49 on GOG
- Tex Murphy: Mean Streets + Martian Memorandum - $0.89 on GOG
Do keep in mind that availability and pricing for some deals may vary depending on the region you're in.
And that is it for our pick of this weekend's PC game deals folks, and hopefully, some of you have enough self-restraint not to break the bank adding new games to your ever-growing backlogs. Of course, there is an enormous amount of other deals ready and waiting all over the interwebs if you comb through it hard enough, so keep your eyes open for those as well.
Don't forget to follow us @NeowinGaming on Twitter to keep up to date with our gaming coverage!
3 Comments - Add comment