That time of the month is here and the Xbox One is receiving some serious updates this time around which are designed to streamline the experience between the Windows 10 Xbox app and the console. Not only that, but the update also brings new features like Miracast support.
Here’s a list of all the features coming to the console soon:
- Over-the-air TV for the U.S. and Canada – Earlier this month, we announced the preview for an Over-the-Air Tuner for the U.S. and Canada.
- Power on and off from Xbox One SmartGlass – The beta versions of the Xbox One SmartGlass apps for Windows, Windows Phone and Android will be updated to let you turn your Xbox One on and off.
- Wireless Display app – Try the Wireless Display app to cast photos stored on your phone to your Xbox One, or to stream non-protected video content from your PC to your Xbox.
- User-selectable power mode – Select your preferred power mode, either Instant-on or Energy-saving mode.
- Voice messages – The ability to send and receive voice messages from the Xbox One messages app continues in preview this month.
Unfortunately, there's no mention of the game-streaming feature that allows playing Xbox games on PCs. Of course, the biggest addition that is coming is the support for Miracast streaming, or as Microsoft calls it, the Wireless Display app. This should make streaming content to your Xbox One a lot easier, and accessible from many more devices.
Some of these features are already available to preview members, but the rest will likely launch some time after BUILD.
Make sure to also check out the slew of updates coming to the Xbox App on Windows 10.
Source: Xbox Wire
28 Comments - Add comment