Amazon in the UK is discounting the Redmi Note 9 by a whopping 34% this week, bringing it's usual £179 price tag down to just £119. Although this is sadly not a 5G enabled phone, it did launch in 2020 and its specifications, which can be viewed below, are quite good for what it costs:
- Operating System: MIUI 11; based on Android 10
- Display: 6.53-inch Full HD+ (2340 x 1080) | 19.5:9 aspect ratio | Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G85 | 12nm process technology
- RAM: 3GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64GB eMMC 5.1 | Expandable up to 512GB with a microSD card
- Front Camera: 13MP in-display camera
- Rear Camera: Quad-camera | 48MP primary sensor | 8MP 118° ultra-wide | 2MP macro | 2MP depth sensor
- Battery: 5,020mAh battery | 22.5W fast charger | 9W reverse charging
- Dimensions: 162.3 x 77.2 x 8.9mm | 199g
We did a hands on last summer for the Indian variant, with our writer calling it "a reliable option on the table if you are looking for an affordable smartphone that checks all the boxes." You can read the full first impressions here.
The sale ends on Sunday, so if you're in the market for a budget smartphone with decent battery life and don't need 5G yet, this might be a good option, saving you £60 off the retail price in the process. The phone comes with free delivery and a two-year warranty.
In Germany you can get up to 26% off on the Redmi Note 9, but they also have the Redmi Note 9T 5G, Redmi Note 8 Pro, and the Mi 10T Lite in various configurations on offer at up to 26% off that you can check out here.
As an Amazon Associate, Neowin may earn commission from qualifying purchases.