Xiaomi has unveiled the successor to its Mi Max, and naturally it’s called the Mi Max 2. The phone comes with a whopping 6.44” display, a huge 5300 mAh battery and Quick Charge 3.0. The Mi Max 2 is a powerhouse in all regards pertaining to its specifications, making it ideal for gaming and watching films.
The full specifications of the device are:
- 6.44” large immersive display
- 5300mAh two-day battery, with power bank-like capacity
- Quick Charge 3.0 + Parallel charging, 68% charge in one hour
- Full metal unibody improved one-handed use
- Sony IMX386 1.25-micron camera, same primary rear as Mi 6
- Snapdragon 625 with 14nm FinFET technology
- 4GB RAM + 64GB or 128GB storage
- Up to 128GB microSD expandable storage
- Stereo speakers intelligently switches to stereo in landscape orientation
- Rear fingerprint sensor and IR blaster
The Mi Max 2 was announced today at an event in China. While third party resellers will most likely sell the Max 2 to customers outside of China in the near future, officially, Xiaomi usually focuses on the Chinese market. In China, the 64GB device will sell for 1699RMB / $250 and the 128GB device will cost 1999RMB / $290.