Audacity is a free, open source digital audio editor and recording application. Edit your sounds using cut, copy, and paste features (with unlimited undo functionality), mix tracks, or apply effects to your recordings. The program also has a built-in amplitude-envelope editor, a customizable spectrogram mode, and a frequency-analysis window for audio-analysis applications. Built-in effects include bass boost, wah wah, and noise removal, and the program also supports VST plug-in effects.
You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Record computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats supported using optional libraries.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Numerous effects including change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- Write your own plug-in effects with Nyquist.
- And more! See the complete list of features.
Audacity 3.2.3 changelog:
This is a patch release for Audacity 3.2. It adds ability to share audio publicly and fixes some bugs.
- #3884 Audio can now be shared publicly on audio.com
- #4040 Fixed the screenshot tool
- #4019 Selecting audio no longer marks the project as changed
- #3693 A new toolbar with cut/copy/paste buttons has been added
- #3216 Plain UI for VST3 plugins no longer show MIDI CC parameters
- #2620 The effects sidebar no longer can fill the entire screen
Audacity v3.2.4 is a hotfix release. It fixes the following bug:
- #4057 Fixed the meters not retaining size
Download 64-bit: Audacity 3.2.4 | Standalone ~40.0 MB (Open Source)
Download 32-bit: Audacity 3.2.4 | Standalone
View: Audacity Home Page | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment