DaVinci Resolve is the world’s first solution that combines professional offline and online editing, color correction, audio post production and now visual effects all in one software tool. You get unlimited creative flexibility because DaVinci Resolve makes it easy for individual artists to explore different toolsets. It also lets you collaborate and bring people with different creative talents together. With a single click, you can instantly move between editing, color, effects, and audio. Plus, you never have to export or translate files between separate software tools because, with DaVinci Resolve, everything is in the same software application.
DaVinci Resolve is the only post production software designed for true collaboration. Multiple editors, assistants, colorists, VFX artists and sound designers can all work on the same project at the same time! Whether you’re an individual artist, or part of a larger collaborative team, it’s easy to see why DaVinci Resolve is the standard for high end post production and is used for finishing more Hollywood feature films, episodic television programing and TV commercials than any other software.
Important information regarding database management
DaVinci Resolve 17.4.x requires a database upgrade from DaVinci Resolve 16.2.7 and previous versions. We strongly recommend that you back up your existing database (both DiskDB and PostgreSQL) and then restore that database for the upgrade before upgrading to this release.
There is no database change from 17.x.
DaVinci Resolve 17.4.4 changelog:
- Support for Blackmagic RAW SDK 2.3
- Support for browser based authentication for Dropbox and YouTube.
- Support for Deep Link Hyper Encode for multiple Intel GPU systems.
- Hardware accelerated VP9 decodes on Apple silicon.
- Support for encoding H.265 Main10 4:2:2 on Apple silicon.
- Support for generating Rec.2020 Dolby Vision IMFs.
- Ability to specify encoding primaries in Dolby Vision XML exports.
- Improved DaVinci Neural Engine performance on Macs with AMD GPUs.
- Improved performance for clips with Fusion effects.
- Addressed an issue rippling speed changes in the edit timeline.
- Addressed viewer preview when dragging a clip under the playhead.
- Addressed artifacts with keys feeding layer mixer nodes on Apple silicon.
- Addressed inconsistent edit previews for HDR in RCM projects.
- Addressed gamut compression issues for custom ACES DCTL IDTs.
- Addressed AAF export issues with crossfades and small edits.
- Addressed an issue with renaming disk database projects in Linux.
- Addressed an issue with printer light keyboard shortcuts in Linux.
- TIFF files are now read as sequences in Auto mode.
- General performance and stability improvements.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware