DaVinci Resolve is the world’s first solution that combines professional offline and online editing, color correction, audio post production and now visual effects all in one software tool. You get unlimited creative flexibility because DaVinci Resolve makes it easy for individual artists to explore different toolsets. It also lets you collaborate and bring people with different creative talents together. With a single click, you can instantly move between editing, color, effects, and audio. Plus, you never have to export or translate files between separate software tools because, with DaVinci Resolve, everything is in the same software application.
DaVinci Resolve is the only post production software designed for true collaboration. Multiple editors, assistants, colorists, VFX artists and sound designers can all work on the same project at the same time! Whether you’re an individual artist, or part of a larger collaborative team, it’s easy to see why DaVinci Resolve is the standard for high end post production and is used for finishing more Hollywood feature films, episodic television programing and TV commercials than any other software.
About DaVinci Resolve 18
The free DaVinci Resolve 18 includes all of the same high quality processing as DaVinci Resolve Studio 18 and can handle unlimited resolution media files. However it does limit project mastering and output to Ultra HD resolutions or lower. DaVinci Resolve 18 only supports a single processing GPU on Windows and Linux and 2 GPUs on the latest Mac Pro.
If you need features such as support for multiple GPUs, 4K output, motion blur effects, temporal and spatial noise reduction, de-interlacing, HDR tools, camera tracker, multiple Resolve FX, 3D stereoscopic tools and remote rendering, please upgrade to DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.
Important information regarding project library management
DaVinci Resolve 18 requires a project library upgrade from DaVinci Resolve 17.4.6 and previous versions. We strongly recommend that you backup your existing (disk based and PostgreSQL based) project libraries before performing an upgrade.
Major update adds Blackmagic Cloud support for remote collaboration, DaVinci proxy workflow, new Resolve FX, improved subtitling, AI image stabilisation, Fairlight fixed to FlexBus and more!
DaVinci Resolve 18.0 changelog:
- Blackmagic Cloud to host and manage cloud-based project libraries.
- Collaborate securely over the internet using Blackmagic ID.
- Support for intelligent path mapping to relink files automatically.
- Vastly improved project library performance for network workflows.
- Improved project performance, especially when working with large projects.
- New Proxy Generator app for auto-creating proxies within watch folders.
- Ability to choose between prioritizing proxies or camera originals.
- Proxy files in subfolders are automatically assigned in the media pool.
Media & Edit
- Stabilize Blackmagic Pocket Camera clips with camera gyro metadata.
- New subtitle improvements including:
- Support for timed text TTML, XML and embedded MXF/IMF subtitles.
- Ability to view and import subtitles from media storage.
- Support for relinking subtitle clips from the media pool.
- Subtitle region support with multiple simultaneous captions per track.
- Set individual presets, text positions and intuitively edit between regions.
- Add, rename and manage regions from the timeline context menu.
- Ability to export TTML subtitles from the track header context menu.
- Ability to import, export and embed multiple subtitle tracks as TTML.
- Support for reversing shape, iris and wipe transitions in the edit page.
- Support for showing up to 25 simultaneous multicam angles on the viewer.
- Edit Index now shows clip duration.
- Ability to navigate keyframes outside trimmed clip extents.
- Ability to navigate retime keyframes using hotkeys.
- Smart bin filter for disabled timelines.
- Render in place and open in Fusion actions can be assigned shortcuts.
- Reset Fusion composition now works on multiple clip selections.
- New object mask capability in Magic Mask.
- Adjustment clips and Fusion generators can bypass color management.
- Support for syncing clip groups in remote grading sessions.
- Ability to trigger bidirectional tracking from advanced and mini panels.
- Support for matte finesse and 3D qualifier in advanced and mini panels.
- Dolby Vision highlight clipping support in advanced panels.
- Support for bypassing color outputs from advanced panels.
- Add key mixers with auto-connected key outs from advanced panels.
- Support for bidirectional tracking in advanced panels.
- Support for fast review playback mode in advanced panels.
- ACES support for Blackmagic Gen 5 camera formats.
- Support for the HDR Vivid standard.
- Reference gamut compression enabled by default in ACES 1.3. [full release notes]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware