MysticThumbs generates thumbnails of many image formats not natively supported by Windows. It plugs into Windows Explorer so you don't have to run a separate application to preview your images, see them all in the native shell and Open/Save dialog boxes in all 32 and 64 bit applications. Thumbnails generated by MysticThumbs are stored in the system thumbnail cache by Windows so once they are made they are not remade unless the file is touched in some way, such as saving changes to a photo.
Feature highlight overview:
- QuickView - if you miss your Apple Mac then press the Space Bar to QuickView files.
- High DPI support for the vision impaired and extra high resolution displays.
- Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, SVG, RAW Photography images, DirectX, Targa, PowerVR game textures and all sorts of other file formats never looked so good in Explorer.
- No need for any other application to see your thumbnails and quickly preview your images.
- All suported file types are all fully configurable.
- Transparency support - opaque, transparent, checkerboard options to help clarify transparent thumbnails against window backgrounds.
- Very lean and optimised, Win32 code only. Mo bloat libraries like .NET or MFC.
- All rendering is GPU optimised where appropriate to improve performance.
- Individual image customisation via context menu.
- Embedded thumbnail or full image extraction.
- Enhanced support for Windows native supported images (JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF).
- WAV sound files displayed as a waveform.
- Customizable file type icon overlays.
- Thumbnail adornment option, shadow or flat (no frame).
- Per image adjustments via context menu.
- Force transparent thumbnails on desktop option.
- Regular updates.
- Plugin support so you can add your own formats.
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukranian.
Version 4.3.7 changelog:
- fix: Adobe Illustrator (*.ai) thumbnails were extracting embedded thumbnail always regardless of settings.
- fix: Ability to close the tutorial by clicking on the tutorial button (for touch devices without middle mouse button or instant access keyboard).
- fix: License key icon on license dialog reflecting correct state on license change.
- fix: QuickView changes when "Apply changes to file" is enabled are refreshed in any open Explorer windows for that file.
- fix: Checkerboard size for thumbnails are now consistent.
- fix: Postscript and some other file type properties were missing or incorrect.
- fix: Potential crash extracting icons from files.
- opt: Optimised thumbnails for correct size as asked by Explorer.
- opt: Increased about / credits scroll speed.
- opt: Improved license dialog box.
Download: MysticThumbs 4.3.7 (10 / 8 / 7 / Vista) | 22.6 MB (Shareware)
Download: MysticThumbs 3.0.8 (XP) | 9.9 MB
View: MysticThumbs Home Page
2 Comments - Add comment