Pale Moon is an Open Source, Goanna-based web browser available for Microsoft Windows, Linux and Android, focusing on efficiency and ease of use. Make sure to get the most out of your browser!
Pale Moon offers you a browsing experience in a browser completely built from its own, independently developed source that has been forked off from Firefox/Mozilla code, with carefully selected features and optimizations to improve the browsers speed, resource use, stability and user experience, while offering full customization and a growing collection of extensions and themes to make the browser truly your own.
- Optimized for modern processors
- Based on proprietary optimized layout engine (Goanna)
- Safe: forked from mature Mozilla code and regularly updated
- Secure: Additional security features and security-aware development
- Supported by our user community, and fully non-profit
- Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface
- Support for full themes: total freedom over any elements design
- Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins)
- Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing
- Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes
- Support for many Firefox extensions
- Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions
- Extensive and growing support for HTML5 and CSS3
- Many customization and configuration options
Pale Moon 29.4.3 changes:
- Restored the FUEL abstraction library again.
- Added some extra sanity checks to timers and text fragments. DiD
- Added a potential crash safeguard in program threading logic. DiD
- Fixed the following security issues: CVE-2021-43537, CVE-2021-43541, CVE-2021-43536, CVE-2021-43545 and CVE-2021-43542.
- Unified XUL Platform Mozilla Security Patch Summary: 5 fixed, 3 DiD, 10 not applicable.
- Despite being removed in 29.4.0 and 29.4.2, the long-since deprecated FUEL abstraction functions inside Pale Moon have been restored again after considerable blowback from the community and lack of effort to fix afflicted extensions. It was decided to just restore this indefinitely in the end, since it serves no-one to have users be forced to do without or stay on insecure versions of the browser for something nobody seems to want to address in the extension ecosystem. Keep an eye on the forum for a more in-depth announcement soon (will be linked here when available).
Download: Pale Moon (32-bit) | Portable 32-bit | ~40.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Pale Moon (64-bit) | Portable 64-bit
Links: Pale Moon Homepage | Add-ons | Themes | Extensions
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment