WebSite-Watcher is a powerful yet simple website-monitoring tool, perfectly suited to the beginner and advanced user alike. If you can work with an email client, you can even work with WebSite-Watcher! The software places you in complete control over what gets checked, when it gets checked, and even how you are notified.
WebSite-Watcher main features:
- Monitor web pages
- Monitor password protected pages
- Monitor forums for new postings and replies
- Monitor PDF/Word/Excel documents
- Monitor binary files
- Monitor local files
- Monitor RSS feeds, Newsgroups and local files
- Highlight changes in a page
- Powerful filter system to ignore unwanted content
- Many more features to stay up-to-date.
Lots of other features:
- Additional actions when updates are detected - For example to play an alternative sound, send emails or open the changed page with another program. You configure the software to work the way you want.
- Powerful Plugin system - Bookmark checks can be enhanced with the integrated Plugin system. For example to monitor a page for a specific price and alert an update only if the price is less than USD 100. Plugins must be written in the programming language Basic. WebSite-Watcher contains an integrated development system, no other tools are required.
- Work with checked pages (Searches, Reports, etc.) - All monitored pages are saved to your hard drive. This allows you to quickly and simply open and view the monitored pages, search text in downloaded files and make reports... all without even having to be online.
- Archive pages permanently - Keep the information you need by archiving pages with our tool Local Website Archive. This can be done automatically via the bookmark properties or manually on demand.
- Synchronize bookmark files - Synchronize bookmarks between computers with the synchronize functionality.
- Backup and Restore - The integrated Backup/Restore feature allows you to backup and restore your settings, bookmarks and downloaded files into/from a zip archive.
WebSite-Watcher 2022 22.2 changelog:
Huge performance improvement when highlighting changes (opening changed bookmarks can be up to 3 times faster)
Huge performance improvement when inserting or initializing new bookmarks in big databases
Context menu + Extras + Disable check: Option to save settings as default
Improved detection and handling of Cloudflare protected pages
Follow-Links: detection of duplicate links improved
Browser integration: WSW did not show the WSW icon in the title bar right after starting Firefox (caused by a bug in the latest version of Firefox). WSW has now a work around for this broken behavior.
Record Chromium Macro: WebSite-Watcher will use the customized User Agent (if configured in the bookmark properties)
Checking Instagram pages re-implemented. Meta changed their pages internally so that it was no longer possible to monitor Instagram pages after existing cookies with login credentials expire. With this new version, you have to right click an Instagram bookmark once, select "Browser" and login to your account. Then all Instagram bookmark should work again.
New tweak: UptimeControlFile= - this tweak will write a control file once a minute and can be used to verify if WSW is up and running (Business Edition only)
E-Mails were not sent correctly under certain circumstances
It was not possible to assign the shortcut Ctrl+D in Options+Shortcuts
More detailed error description for regular expressions with syntax errors
WebSite-Watcher could freeze under certain circumstanes in combination with the check technology "Chromium/Browser"
WebSite-Watcher did not correctly remember the last position when rebooting Windows
Overall performance improvements
Smaller fixes and improvements
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware