Nullsoft Winamp is a fast, flexible, high-fidelity media player for Windows. Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks.
In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp 5.9.1 RC1 Build 10021 changelog:
- Improved: [ml_local / nde] Memory footprint reduction
- Improved: [ml_local] Load time speedup and other optimizations
- Improved: [ml_online] Increased maximum bandwidth (from 350 to 3500)
- Improved: [playlist/ml_playlists/ml_pmp] Playlist loader/writer refactoring
- Improved: [dlmgr] Increased buffer size for faster podcast downloads
- Improved: [Bento skin] Increased width of config to help with translations
- Improved: [Installer] VS2019 runtime checker script (thanks Pawel Porwisz)
- Fixed: Hang when reopening Winamp if previously placed on disconnected monitor
- Fixed: [Installer] Silent install switch blocked by external dependencies
- Fixed: [gen_ff] Windowshade and Docked Toolbar modes not remembered on restart
- Fixed: [gen_tray] Settings not being saved after Winamp restart
- Fixed: [in_mp4/libmp4v2] Overflow and seek issues with specific mp4 videos
- Fixed: [in_wave/libsndfile] Error parsing list subchunks with some riff headers
- Fixed: [ml_downloads] Cancelling multi-selection only cancelled first item
- Fixed: [ml_playlists] Crash when editing playlist entry
- Fixed: [ml_wire/xml] Display of non-Latin characters in Podcasts
- Fixed: [out_ds] Crossfader broken in Bento/Modern skin EQ
- Fixed: [out_ds] Potential buffer overflow issues
- Fixed: [out_wasapi] Crash on opening flv videos (rendering still needs fixing)
- Fixed: [playlist/ml_playlists] Memory leaks
- Fixed: [playlist/ml_playlists] Reported issues with special/unicode characters
- Fixed: [vis_avs] AVS Editor menu not localized when lang pack applied
- Misc: Many more general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
- Misc: Replaced nu::PtrMap with std::map and nu::PtrList with std::vector
- Misc: [vcpkg] changed from manifest to classic mode
- Removed: [wbm] Lazy-loading wbm system files (no longer required)
- Updated: [in_flac/enc_flac] libFLAC 1.4.2
- Updated: [in_mod] libopenmpt 0.6.6
- Updated: [OpenSSL] OpenSSL 3.0.5
- Updated: [vpx] libvpx 1.12.0
- Updated: [xml] expat 2.4.9
- Updated: [zlib] zlib 1.2.13
- New/Improved: [ml_downloads/ml_playlists] Download context menu in ML
- New: [ml_nft] Import, play and download music from your NFT Library (optional)
Changes from RC1 build 10021 to RC2 build 10023
- More fixes for the playlist relative path issue, i.e. where entries were showing as “C:\” after closing & reopening Winamp*
- enc_flac: Reflect upgrade to libFLAC 1.4.2 in CD Ripping settings
5.9.1 RC3 (Build 10025) changes from RC2 (Build 10023)
- Fixed: Loading playlist entries with relative paths, e.g. when music and playlist or Winamp settings are all on C:\ drive.
- Fixed: Bad bitrate detected for some AVI files which use external system decoders via in_dshow, such as DivX3+A52 (was causing seeking to break and/or streaming issues, etc.)
- Fixed: Silent crash when fast-clicking playlists/playlist entries in ML, particularly ones containing WAV streams.
- Fixed: Various buffering/RingBuffer issues
ml_nft.dll adds an “NFT Library” view in the ML.
It’s currently an empty view with no content.
To display the necessary contents, it would require us to update the internal browser engine in Winamp to e.g. QtWeb/Chromium instead of IE10... which isn’t happening for 5.9.1
When clicked, it opens a page on winamp.com in your default external browser which includes all the instructions.
If you don’t have any music NFTs, and don’t ever intend getting any or using the feature, then you can deselect it in the installer options, or delete the DLL, or uninstall the plugin via Prefs, and that’s the end of it.
If you do have NFT music/videos and want to test the feature, then it supports exporting your NFT library to an m3u8 playlist, importing it into the Winamp ML, streaming playback and physical downloading of mp3, wav, ogg/vorbis, mp4, avi - and downloads of flac, mkv, and other supported formats.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware