Nullsoft Winamp is a fast, flexible, high-fidelity media player for Windows. Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks.
In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp 5.9.2 Build 10042 changelog:
- New: [ml_fanzone] Connect to the online Winamp Fanzone
- New: [ml_hotmix] Connect to the Hotmix Radio service
- Improved: [gen_crasher] Added correct Windows 11 detection method
- Improved: [ml_wire] Replace internal IE engine with Qt v5.12 engine (w.i.p.)
- Fixed: Erroneous "URL: Winamp Command Handler" filetype association
- Fixed: [Big Bento] Drag titlebar issue
- Fixed: [Big Bento] Config overlap issue
- Fixed: [ml_local] Drag to rearrange smart view order causes corruption
- Fixed: [ml_playlists] Memory leaks
- Misc: Added option for RC builds in Update notifications
- Misc: All DLLs are now digitally signed
- Misc: Many more general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
- Replaced: jnetlib.w5s functions moved to new wac_network.w5s component
- Replaced: dlmgr.w5s functions moved to new wac_downloads.w5s component
- Updated: [jpeg] ijg-libjpeg 9e
ml_nft.dll adds an “NFT Library” view in the ML.
It’s currently an empty view with no content.
To display the necessary contents, it would require us to update the internal browser engine in Winamp to e.g. QtWeb/Chromium instead of IE10... which isn’t happening for 5.9.1
When clicked, it opens a page on winamp.com in your default external browser which includes all the instructions.
If you don’t have any music NFTs, and don’t ever intend getting any or using the feature, then you can deselect it in the installer options, or delete the DLL, or uninstall the plugin via Prefs, and that’s the end of it.
If you do have NFT music/videos and want to test the feature, then it supports exporting your NFT library to an m3u8 playlist, importing it into the Winamp ML, streaming playback and physical downloading of mp3, wav, ogg/vorbis, mp4, avi - and downloads of flac, mkv, and other supported formats.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware