Great news today for PlayStation 3 fans, Uncharted 3 has been announced and sees Drake taking to the desert to find yet another treasure. The game will feature improved multiplayer modes and 3D support. In other news, JoWooD have announced the first expansion for RPG, Gothic 4, Dungeon Hunter 2 has been release for the iPhone and iPod touch and we have details on the iPad release of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.
ArcaniA- Gothic 4 Add-on Announced “ArcaniA - Fall of Setarrif”
JoWooD have announced an expansion pack for Gothic 4. The pack is entitled "Fall of Setarrif" and adds new items, enemies and areas to the game, as well as allowing players to control different characters for the first time in the series.
ArcaniA – Fall of Setarrif ties up the loose ends of the main game´s story and adds yet another chapter to the epic tale. After the demon that possessed King Robar III was exorcised, it made its way to Setarrif to find a new host. In Setarrif, which is cut-off from the rest of the island, chaos and anarchy spread rapidly!
King Robar III is troubled by these facts and is afraid of losing the city and some of his companions, which are in Setarrif at that very moment. The nameless hero therefore is sent by the king and must journey to Setarrif… but he has no idea of what lies before him.
- 10 hours of gameplay with a multitude of new quests and missions
- Experience the story from another characters’ point of view – for the very first time in the franchise
- Import your character from ArcaniA - Gothic 4 or choose one from a set of archetypes
- A broad variety of new items for a even more character variations
- New enemies! Prove your fighting techniques against countless hordes of monsters
- New environments like cities, coastal regions, jungle and mountains with volcanic activity!
PlayStation 3 News
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception announced
Best news of the week as far as we are concerned! Sony today revealed that Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception will be released towards the end of 2011. The game has our hero Drake searching the Arabian Desert for the "Atlantis of the Sands". Uncharted 3 also sees improved multiplayer gaming and Stereoscopic 3D for those who have TV's that support it. Here are the rest of the details from the press release:
Fans of the franchise and newcomers alike will relish the opportunity to catapult themselves headlong into a real adventure, in a search for the fabled "Atlantis of the Sands." The journey propels fortune hunter Nathan Drake on a daring trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert, a journey that pits him and his mentor Victor Sullivan against the occult treachery of a shadowy clandestine organization and its ruthless leader. When the terrible secrets of this lost city are unearthed, Drake's quest descends into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance and forces him to confront his deepest fears.
- Bigger set pieces and more explosive adventure, driven by Naughty Dog's signature storytelling and cinematic presentation.
- Competitive and co-op multiplayer return with brand new experiences and massively expanded feature sets. The UNCHARTED universe provides online players with a unique Action Adventure multiplayer experience, bringing the cinematic elements of the single-player campaign into multiplayer.
- Nathan Drake can now take on opponents in more ways than before: hand-to-hand combat with multiple opponents, contextual melee attacks, and new stealth options. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception also features expanded and diverse traversal moves with deep gunplay.
- Naughty Dog introduces new physics, visuals, and environmental effects. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception features new innovations in sand, fire, smoke, and water dynamics and effects. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be playable in Stereoscopic 3D.
With its award-winning storytelling, blockbuster cinematic action sequences, immersive high resolution 3D and stunning environmental detail and effects, UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception is the chance to lose yourself in the world of Nathan Drake - and to experience the true power of PlayStation 3.
iPhone/iPod touch/iPad News
Dungeon Hunter 2 released
Gameloft has been churning out many games for iOS recently and today is no exception. The company has released a new RPG title, Dungeon Hunter 2 for the iPhone and iPod touch. This time round the game is set 25 years after the first title in the series, and contains a far larger world for players to scour through. Dungeon Hunter 2 also has a co-operative multiplayer mode which lets up to four players play through the game at the same time. More details are below:
The benchmark for action RPGs hits your iPhone & iPod touch in its second opus. Slide to Play says, “Exceptional games like Dungeon Hunter don’t come along often.” And that is why you need to play its sequel.
EXCLUSIVE CO-OP MULTIPLAYER MODE: Play the campaign solo or with up to 4 adventurers at the same time.
** IMPORTANT: MULTIPLAYER COMPATIBILITY ** Multiplayer mode available only on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3G or iPod Touch 4G, with 3.1.2 OS or higher.
- Team up online via Wi-Fi or locally via Bluetooth or local wireless.
- Game Center and Gameloft Live compatible: Find teammates, rise up the leaderboards , unlock achievements and more.
- Fight tougher enemies, face even more challenging quests and combine the talents of your team members to become even deadlier.
25 YEARS LATER, RETURN TO GOTHICUS - IN HD
- You are one of the immortal king’s sons. Survive a war, escape from prison, and travel across your realm to save everything!
- Enter Gothicus' dark fantasy atmosphere with high-definition graphics, optimized for iPhone 4.
DUNGEON HUNTER LEVELS UP!
- Enjoy the same addictive hack 'n slash gameplay with new finely tuned controls and save system.
- An open world 5 times bigger than before with more enemies, more areas, more quests and more hours of enjoyment.
- 3 difficulty levels, all of which can be unlocked by finishing the game once.
DEEP CUSTOMIZATION SYSTEM
- Choose among 3 character classes with 2 specializations each and improve your character with dozens of different skills.
- Hundreds of unique items to collect, including melee and ranged weapons, that will impact your character’s look and skills.
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - close to release on the iPad
News from EA today, indicating that the iPad version of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is nearing release. The game has HD graphics and a much improved interface for the iPad. In the game you take the role of a cop who is trying to take down the crooks. There are 24 Cop career events allowing you to build up your ranks. Check out the iPad screenshots in our gallery below.
Remember that you can discuss all of these games and more on our Gaming forums here at Neowin.