Today, Stardock and Mohawk Games released Limited Supply, a new DLC for Offworld Trading Company that puts players up against the harsh environment of Mars with one major goal: survival.
Limited Supply offers unique challenges and an entirely new way to play Offworld Trading Company. Each new scenario has a different rule-set that restricts what resources the player is allowed to buy or sell - even essentials like food, water, and oxygen. Failing to maintain a steady supply and manage resources effectively could mean catastrophe for the player and their colony.
“This DLC breaks the core rule of the base game,” said lead designer Soren Johnson, adding:
"Buy what you want, when you want - as long as you’ve got the cash - doesn’t apply here anymore. We’ve got changing environments, evolving tech, and some serious restrictions on what sorts of resources the player can buy and sell. Sure, you don’t have to worry about another company buying you out, but there’s bigger concerns in these scenarios - trust me.”
In Limited Supply, players will:
- Experience over a dozen new missions with unique rule sets and locations.
- Re-evaluate strategies and adapt to new challenges to overcome restrictions.
- Meet a list of objectives set by the colony and advance tech to meet new demands.
- Overcome new and unexpected challenges during the journey to settle on Mars.
- Solve a series of puzzles with no stock market or competing businesses - the only competition is Mars itself.
Disclaimer: Neowin's relationship to Stardock