It's been almost month since Microsoft announced that there will be a Skip Ahead ring for Xbox Insiders, allowing users to jump forward to the next development branch. Earlier today, it finally announced that there is to be a new build for Skip Ahead, which is from the Redstone 5 development branch.
It's the first preview for Xbox One version 1810, which should be finalized this October. Unfortunately, build 1810.180629-1900 doesn't contain any new features yet, although those should arrive over the next few weeks. It does contain a range of fixes:
- Renamed pins group now changes without the need for a reboot.
My Games and Apps
- Fixes for titles using the FastStart technology.
- Various fixes for the new Narrator languages.
- Misc. performance fixes in the platform.
There are also some known issues to be aware of:
Game Pass Tab
- Preview Alpha – Skip Ahead users will notice that the Entertainment tab has been replaced on the dashboard with Game Pass content. This new tab allows for easy access to the Game Pass catalog and is only available in the US region at this time, so Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Insiders in regions outside of the US will continue to see the Entertainment tab.
- You may see issues with Groups if you frequently switch between your non-Preview console and your Preview console. Workaround: Reset your Groups locally on the Preview console through “My games & apps” > Groups, then using the “Delete all groups” button at the bottom of the page to resync from the service.
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- When the console wakes from Instant on/connected standby with a wired connection, the console may not recognize that the Ethernet cable is plugged in. Workaround: Please reboot the console via Guide -> reboot.
Today's build should be available at 6pm Pacific Time today. If you're on the Skip Ahead ring, you can check for updates via the Settings app. If not, you should still be able to sign up if you're on Alpha.