HP’s Elite x3 Windows phone, destined primarily for business users, has been rolling out in a few major markets. It originally went on sale in the US, and more recently in the UK, alongside a large number of accessories. But while all the new hardware is impressive, we now know when the Elite x3 will get software to match, in the form of the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update.
According to a posting on HP’s official website, spotted by the folks at WindowsArea.de, the Elite x3 will be getting the Anniversary Update “on or about September 13th”. The date is interesting, as the update will bring extra features to Continuum as well as a number of bug fixes and general improvements. The Anniversary Update also fits the bill for the “OTA update in the fall” that should enable the Elite x3’s fingerprint sensor, which the device currently features, but can’t use.
For those looking for a refresher here are the HP Elite x3’s main features:
- 5.96-inch AMOLED with Quad HD (2560x1440px) resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 4, and anti-reflective coating
- Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB onboard storage (plus microSD card support)
- 16MP rear camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Optional dual-SIM support
- USB 3.0 port with Type-C connector
- Iris scanner
- Fingerprint scanner
- IP67 rating for dust- and water-resistance
- MIL-STD-810G rating, assuring device protection for drops from up to 1 meter
- Pogo pins
- Qi wireless charging
- 4150mAh battery
You can find out more about the Elite x3 in our feature article from earlier this year, including a chat with a HP executive about the handset's development.
Source: HP Via: Windowsarea.de
15 Comments - Add comment