It was only two weeks ago that we got Windows Template Studio 1.5, and already Microsoft has released a new version. The big features of v1.6 are Drag and Drop source, and Web to App link.
- Image Gallery
- Drag and drop source
- Web to App Link
- Minor tweaks for Fluent
- Discovered a few pages that set background color
Improvements to the Wizard:
- Lots of under the hood bug fixes and code improvements
- Much more Visual Basic engine work
- Work for supporting multiple projects in a single solution
- Work to support Prism
- We are tracking an issue (#1532) when uninstalling / upgrading where you may get an error of “A value for ‘Component’ needs to be specified in the catalog.”
- If you get this error, we need logs to help track this with the help of the Visual Studio team. We don’t know how to reproduce it, but we know a few people have hit this scenario.
- We have how to capture these logs in the tracking issue on GitHub.
And here's what's planned for the next version:
- Visual Basic support (In nightly)
- Prism support (In nightly)
- Improved update system to help increase speed of startup and file size download
- Improved user interface in-line with Visual Studio
- Continued refinement with Fluent design in the templates
- Ink templates
- Improved Right-click->add support for existing projects
There are two ways to get the update. If you already have 1.5 installed, Visual Studio should automatically update. You can force it, however, by going to Tools -> Extensions and Updates. Under the Update expander on the left, you should see Windows Template Studio, then click “Update.” If it is not installed, you can grab it from the Visual Studio Marketplace. Click download and double-click the VSIX installer.
Source: Windows Blog