A new option in Nvidia's graphics card lineup has come along: the GTX 1660Ti. Along with it, Nvidia today released the GeForce Game Ready WHQL-certified 419.17 drivers, bringing support for the aforementioned card as well as optimizations for the Bioware-developed Anthem, which releases today for all players, and Dirt Rally 2.0, which is due to be released in three days.
There's plenty new with this update, including an update for the Nvidia Control Panel, the Video Codec SDK and support for the new Optical Flow SDK. A bit more detail on these updates and additions is available within the release notes linked below.
In addition to all of that, there are a bunch of bug fixes:
- [Doom Eternal / Doom 2016]: Decals render as black. 
- [Battlefield V]: Screen artifacts appear in the game when Texture Filtering is set to High Quality in the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
- Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) is not available for monitors with 4k2k timings. 
- [Iray][OptiX]: Iray GPU acceleration crashes and falls back to CPU acceleration. 
- Windows 7x64 / 8.1x64: Fixes random application crash or TDR introduced in previous GeForce display driver 418.81. 
Though, as always, there are quite a few known issues as well, some of which come with workarounds that we have highlighted:
Windows 10 Issues
- [G-SYNC]: With a G-SYNC and G-SYNC Compatible display connected in clone mode, flashing occurs on games played on the G-SYNC display with G-SYNC enabled. 
- [Apex Legends]: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error message may appear and then the game crashes.
- [Hitman 2]: Pixelated corruption appears in the game. 
- [HDR][Ni no Kuni 2]: Enabling HDR causes the application to crash when launched. 
- [ARK Survival]: Multiple errors (bad pool caller) and then blue-screen crash may occur when playing the game. 
- [Batman: Arkham Origins]: PhysX fog renders incorrectly 
- [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox. 
- Random desktop flicker occurs on some multi-display PCs 
- 2079538 - Random DPC watchdog violation error when using multiple GPUs on motherboards with LX chips
- Workaround: Use the following tool to enable MSI mode as a temporary workaround (only apply changes to each NVIDIA GPU installed):
- 2449346-The Witcher 3 will BSOD with Bad Pool error randomly during gameplay
- 200494429-Metro Exodus: Random game crashing in DX12 mode
- 2512505-Metro Exodus colors look over saturated and blown out when DLSS is used together with HDR
- 200496099-NVDisplay.Container.exe High CPU usage issues
- Workaround: Please see the following: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1058078/geforce-drivers/nvidia-container-nvcontainer-exe-high-cpu-usage/post/5993822/#5993822
There are new or updated SLI profiles for Apex Legends and Far Cry New Dawn in this driver update as well. The 419.17 WHQL-certified drivers can be downloaded via the GeForce Experience app on Windows, or via the links down below. The complete release notes are available here.