Microsoft has announced the general availability of the Office 365 August Update, which is mainly focused on "enriching teamwork" by the addition of new features for PC and mobile users alike.
The most important feature in the August Update is the ability to co-author Excel spreadsheets on Windows PCs. Although the feature has been available for mobile users and Office Insiders on the PC for quite some time, it is finally available to the masses now. This feature allows users to see who is working on a document, and what changes are being made. It seems macOS users will have to wait longer to get this feature.
Other than co-authoring, the features included in the August update are as follows:
- AutoSave in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for OneDrive and SharePoint users.
- OneNote Class Notebook in Teams on Windows, macOS, and web.
- Enhanced assignments and improved IT control for Office 365 Education subscribers.
- Rich profiles in Outlook for Windows.
- New Yammer apps for iOS.
- Yammer activity report in the Office 365 admin center.
All the features have rolled out to Office 365 subscribers already and should be visible as per the subscription plan.
Source: Office Blog