It was only a couple days ago that Microsoft dropped an update for its Insiders in the Alpha ring. Now, the firm is pushing a new update, build 1804.180330-1920, that will be released starting today at 2pm. There are plenty of fixes and known issues, which you can read in detail below down below.
Here's what's fixed in the new build:
- Fixed an issue in which some users would experience loss of audio in games or apps.
Controller sharing/ Co-pilot vibration issues
- Users will no longer experience a problem with a controller vibrating non-stop when using the share controller or the co-pilot feature.
- Fixed an issue in with system stability that could result in Microsoft Edge from crashing when running multiple apps/games.
- Fixed an issue in with system stability that could result in Home/apps or games crashing when running multiple apps/games.
Here are the known issues:
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Netflix on Monitor only works at 1080p and does not support 1440p – Netflix is aware of the issue. Workaround : If watching Netflix on a Monitor/LCD please set the display output to 1080p.
- Some users are discovering that some games are not showing in HDR – Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Some users are reporting when quitting a game or app via the guide Home is not loading and you see a black screen.
- Hulu app volume is lower and being investigated.
- We are aware of the Guide staying on the screen or being blank when exiting a game or app.
As you can see in the notes, those on the Alpha preview can expect an improved experience when it comes to audio in games, as it was previously an issue where audio would cut out. There are also issues with display resolutions when running Netflix on a monitor, which have not been addressed. HDR seems to also still be an issue with some games, so if it is not working, it is being recommended to report it. These are just some of the problems more concerning problems, which most folks won't have to encounter since this update is only available for Insiders on the Alpha ring, which is an invite-only program.
Source: Xbox Wire