Rainmeter is a free, open-source platform that enables skins to run on the desktop. Rainmeter allows you to display customizable skins on your desktop, from hardware usage meters to fully functional audio visualizers. You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
Rainmeter is the best known and most popular desktop customization program for Windows. Enhance your Windows computer at home or work with skins; handy, compact applets that float freely on your desktop. Rainmeter skins provide you with useful information at a glance. It's easy to keep an eye on your system resources, like memory and battery power, or your online data streams, including email, RSS feeds, and weather forecasts.
Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and control your media player - all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking. Rainmeter is at once an application and a toolkit.
Rainmeter is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU GPL v2 license.
Rainmeter 188.8.131.5292 changelog:
- Rainmeter: Fixes issue with certain builds of Windows 7 where the skin window would disappear when returning from the Windows "Switch user" screen
- Context menu: Removed duplicate / redundant separator line in the context menu when no skins are loaded.
- SysInfo: Added SysInfoType of USER_SID to return the security identifier associated with the active user account.
- Languages: Updated localization strings for Finnish.
Rainmeter 184.108.40.20697 changelog:
- NowPlaying: Fixed issue where two (or more) separate skins using the same player would not update properly when they were using DynamicVariables=1 on the measures.
- Registry: Added OutputType and OutputDelimiter options to allow retrieving lists of subkeys or value names from a target key. See Alternate Behavior for details.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware