Huawei's smartphone sub-brand, Honor, announced the 5X smartphone for the US market earlier this month at CES 2016 in Las Vegas. As promised, the device can now be ordered for just $199, which is a really competitive price for a smartphone that features a fingerprint sensor, a metal body and decent internal hardware.
The Honor 5X features the following hardware specifications:
- 1.5 GHz octa-core Snapdragon 616 processor
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD display 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB of on-board storage, and microSD expansion up to 128GB.
- 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera
- 3000mAh battery (740 hours of standby time)
- Android 5.1 with Huawei's Emotion UI
Apart from these specs, what makes the device special is its full metal build and the inclusion of a fingerprint scanner, since these are some of the things available only on higher end devices so far.
Source: Huawei | Image via Huawei