Just two weeks after the previously released set of updates. Tomorrow, on January 27, 2009, Microsoft will be pushing a couple of updates and patches for Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows XP and Windows Vista.
The patches include an update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. The Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework 3.5 is a cumulative update for previous versions of the .NET Framework, including 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5. The .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update provides important compatibility updates in applications. The Family Update has been marked as High Priority, and an update will also be available for the Family Update Language Pack.
Windows Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP and Windows Vista will all receive an update to correct a problem playing DRM protected content in Windows Media Player that requires an update to the license.
No mention if Microsoft will release any security content tomorrow with these updates, leaving a "To be announced" to new security content, and existing security content on their support page.
- KB951847: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update
- KB951847: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 Language Pack
- KB958926: Update for Windows Home Server
- KB959209: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update
- KB959772: Update for Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, and Windows XP
- KB940518: Update for Windows Server 2008 Server Manager