When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

One in five PCs now have Windows 11 but adoption seems to be slowing down

Windows 11 logo white on top of the default Windows 11 wallpaper dark theme

Microsoft's Windows 11 continues to grow as the latest February 2022 numbers from the AdDuplex report show just that. The OS is closing in on the 20 percent figure mark rapidly which means approximately one in five PCs now runs Windows 11.

The public version of Windows 11, which is Windows 11 21H2, is now at 19.3%. Meanwhile, Insiders flighting the various preview builds now stands at 0.3%. This takes the total share of Windows 11 to 19.6% and by March, this percentage share could sit above 20%.

The breakdown for the share of Windows 11 and the many Windows 10 versions is given below:

AdDuplex Feb 2022

It is interesting to note that the overall percentage share of Insiders running Windows 11, at least in terms of percentage points, seems to have fallen in February by 0.1 compared to January when it stood at 0.4%.

For the GA Windows 11 version, there is nearly a 20 percent growth in terms of percentage point difference as it is 19.3% now in contrast to 16.1% last month.

The graphic below shows the growth trajectory of Windows 11 and compares it with various previous Windows 10 releases.

AdDuplex Feb 2022

The growth is definitely a little subdued at least as per these figures. The hype surrounding upgrading to Windows 11 may have waned. All this is despite Microsoft's recent effort to accelerate the adoption rate of Windows 11.

Source: AdDuplex

Report a problem with article
OnePlus 10 Pro global launch
Next Article

Confirmed: OnePlus 10 Pro global launch next month, but it won't ship with 'UnifiedOS'

circuit board
Previous Article

Save 96% off the Complete Circuit Design & Simulation Super Bundle

Join the conversation!

Login or Sign Up to read and post a comment.

58 Comments - Add comment