Just a few days after pushing a minor bug-fixing PowerToys update that bumped up the tool to version 0.23.2, Microsoft has released experimental version 0.24 to users running the pre-release versions of the suite of tools.
Version 0.24 brings a host of bug fixes for the Video Conferencing Mute feature that debuted with experimental version 0.22 and comes after a slight delay due to some last-minute issues spotted in the tool last week. It also contains all the fixes made available for version 0.23.2.
The Video Conferencing Mute feature, as the name suggests, lets users quickly mute video and audio in meetings globally using a keystroke or the toolbar placed on the screen. The team is actively developing this feature for release and is also maintaining a tracker to document the bugs and issues in the feature.
Here is the complete list of fixes in version 0.24:
- DroidCam - #6246 (comment)
Camera overlay image:
- image dialog doesn't work when running settings as admin
- it shows always, even when the option to hide it is on
- it always use the light theme
- always open on startup even when disabled #6396
- not all microphones are muted
- offer option to select which microphone to mute
- settings info for hotkeys valid modifiers - #6246 (comment)
- Fixed possible crash in PowerToys when the module is turned off
- move VideoConferenceViewModel.cs from Settings.UI to Settings.UI.Lib
- move toolbar out of the VideoConferenceSettings
- add telemetry for settings
Microsoft has shared that this version will not be served through WinGet due to “the driver still prompting for permission during install time”. Additionally, users that are running version 0.23 and above will not be served this update, since the release only applies to the “experimental train”, meaning that only users running pre-release builds will receive the updates. For those running the standard tool, version 0.25 will be the next major update.
You can head to the GitHub page here for downloading today’s experimental version of the suite of tools to try out the improvements to the Video Conference Mute feature.